Fill in the blanks with suitable words:
1. Stars —— in the sky .
(A) twinkled (B) twinkles (C) twinkle (D) twinkling
2. In spite of very tight security , the prisoner —— from the jail .
(A) jumped (B) escaped (C) went (D) ran
3. The minister called ——— the records .
(A) for (B) on (C) at (D) off
4. The workers clamoured ——— higher wages .
(A) with (B) of (C) at (D) for
5. He always clings ——— his ideals .
(A) to (B) on (C) for (D) over
6. I am not concerned ——— the affair .
(A) for (B) with (C) at (D) of
7. I am concerned ———— my son’s affair .
(A) about (B) at (C) of (D) off
8. The prisoner was condemned ——— death .
(A) with (B) to (C) of (D) on
9. You must conform —— the rules of the game .
(A) to (B) about (C) of (D) off
10. Some people cry ——— democracy .
(A) down (B) of (C) to (D) for
11. I have dispensed ——— the services of that typist .
(A) with (B) for (C) to (D) at
12. The table is made ——— wood .
(A) of (B) from (C) for (D) with
13. Raju is not free on the 27 th, we will have to find an ———— date.
(A) alternative (B) alternate (C) alter (D) none of these
14. He daren’t face the enemy, ————?
(A) do he (B) dare he (C) don’t he (D) daren’t he
15. We need work hard, ———— ?
(A) needn’t we (B) don’t we (C) do we (D) need we
16. He ought to go now ——?
(A)ought he (B)oughtn’t he (C)oughtn’t to he (D)didn’t he
17. We needn’t wait long ——— ?
(A) do we (B) did we (C) need we (D) needn’t we
18. We don’t work hard ———— ?
(A)does we (B) do we (C) didn’t we (D) did we
19. There ——— a dozen eggs in that basket.
(A) was (B) is (C) are (D) has
20. There ——— a pair of trousers in the wardrobe.
(A) were (B) was (C) have been (D) are
1. C 2. B 3. A 4. D 5. A 6. B 7. A 8. B 9. A 10. A 11. A 12. A 13. B 14. B 15. A
16. B 17. C 18. B 19. C 20. B
1⃣I am familiar _ this locality
2⃣Vishnu is the _ boy in his class
3⃣"Don't play at night' is a/an _ sentence
4⃣Nothing was known about him, __ ?
(A) was it✅
(B) wasn't it
(C) isn't it
(D) is it
5⃣He is __ honest man
(D) none of these
6⃣You can trust her. She _ not cheat you
7⃣We _ each other for five years
(D) have known✅
8⃣Տhe _ succeeded if she had worked hard
(A) will have
(B) will be
(C) would have✅
9⃣The match _ by their team
(B) has been won✅
(C) has won
?Of the two sisters, Gayathri and Theertha, Gayathri is _ attractive
1⃣1⃣The feminine gender of ‘nephew' is _
1⃣2⃣The adjective of 'please’ is _
1⃣3⃣The synonym of 'curiosity' is _
1⃣4⃣The antonym of 'barbarian’ is _
1⃣5⃣The authority 'turned down' the proposal. The italicized phrase means _
1⃣6⃣A person who undertakes a commercial venture is a/an _
1⃣7⃣Translate the proverb "Pride goes before a fall" into malayalam
(A) പതിരില്ലാത്ത കതിരില്ല
(B) അഹങ്കാരം ആപത്താണ്✅
(C) നിധി കാക്കുന്ന ഭൂതം
(D) നാടോടുമ്പോൾ നടുവേ ഓടണം
1⃣8⃣Identify the word correctly spelt
1⃣9⃣Ab intifio“ means _
(A) from the beginning✅
(B) till the end
(C) expansion of initials
(D) first alphabet
2⃣0⃣Arts college’ is a/an __ word